Friday, November 28, 2014

Friday Floyd 11/28/14

One of my favorite concerts of the year is El Monstero. For those of you who are unfamiliar, they are St. Louis's premier Pink Floyd tribute band. They consider themselves the monster truck version of Pink Floyd and I'll be attending their show this December, followed by the official Turn Up That Racket concert review. In the meantime, I'm using their fan poll as this weeks Friday Floyd. This past weekend they posted a Facebook poll to find out which song they should add to their live show. I was very happy to see that one of my favorite Floyd songs, and one of the most underrated Floyd song were on that list; The Nile Song. This song appears on the Soundtrack from the Film More which is their third album. By this time David Gilmour had joined the band due to the decreasing health of founding frontman Syd Barrett. Some consider this song the closest thing Pink Floyd ever got to heavy metal and I would definitely agree. So turn this one up!

No comments:

Post a Comment